Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Soaky Wish List

Finding the rooms, suites and cottages with fantastic soaking options is, as I was saying, hard work. Often as not, I just stumble on places while looking for plain vanilla lodging. Other times, I sit down for some dedicated Google spadework, relying on tubby search terms like "tub for two," "redwood soaking tub," "oversized bath tub" and a few others. I have, over the years, amassed a wish list of lodgings to give a whirl--or swirl, I suppose. Stayed in any of these?

If I can get my lovely bride on a plane with me--we can't orphan our children, she says, by risking a flight together--I'd love to visit Montreal and stay at Le Petit Prince B&B. www.montrealbandb.com Each room "has a private bathroom with double whirlpool bath with rainfall showers." Rainfall showers!

Hope you have your sound turned on when you visit the website for Manka's Inverness Lodge, which is out in the woods of Inverness, California, near San Francisco. www.mankas.com Here's their philosphy: "Lodging follows a simple formula. Great beds. A blazing fire whenever possible. Deep reading chairs, indulgent baths, quiet nights." I'm a sucker for luxury-rustic, and those tubs look mighty deep.

California too woodsy, Montreal too Frenchy? Perhaps the austerity of the desert Southwest will float your rubber ducky. The Puerta Roja room at the Adobe & Pines Inn, in Taos, New Mexico, has a great looking tub. www.adobepines.com Will someone check it out for me, please?

So many more, including ones closer to home here in the Mid-Atlantic. They'll have to wait for a later post.

No comments: